My favorite way to have them is on my new favorite lentil burger!
• 1 cup dry lentils
• ½ onion, finely chopped
• ½ carrot, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• ¾ cup breadcrumbs
• 1 egg
1. Boil the lentils in 2 cups of salted water for ~20 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
3. Sauté the onion and carrot in olive oil.
4. In a large bowl, combine the onion, carrots, lentils, soy sauce, breadcrumbs, and egg.
5. Form the mixture into 4 patties and bake for 25 minutes.
These bread and butter pickles from Trader Joe's are my favorite!
Find more recipes here or here!