1. Chai Sugar Cookies
I didn't follow a specific recipe for this one. I googled a bunch and saw that a lot of people suggest just emptying a chai tea bag into a sugar cookie mix, which is just what we did! Easy peasy: just follow the directions on the back of the box, but empty a tea bag into the dry mix.
The cookies have this interesting chai aftertaste; I think they would have been extra good with some frosting!
2. Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
My favorite cookies ever are these coconut oil cookies from Well Traveled Wife. I found them on Pinterest and then I fell in love with her blog too! But seriously, these cookies are amazing! The coconut oil + touch of salt are such an amazing taste!! I don't bake very often but I make these a lot!
Look how good that batter looks!!!
Yum yum yum!
3. Peppermint Bark Popcorn
Lastly, we made popcorn covered in chocolate and crush peppermint sticks!
- 1/2c popcorn kernels, popped
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips
- A couple peppermint candy canes or candies (we used 4 canes and it was perfect)
- 1 handful of chocolate chips
- Wax paper
- Option: peppermint extract, sprinkles (next time, I'd add peppermint extract to the white chocolate to make it more minty!)
- Lay down wax paper on a large surface
- Crush peppermints either by hand or in a food processor
- Pop the popcorn
- Melt the white chocolate according to the directions on the bag (we microwaved it in increments of 30 seconds)
- Once the white chocolate is fully melted, pour over the popcorn and mix well so that it's evenly coated (Here is where I would have stirred some peppermint extract into the white chocolate)
- Spread the popcorn on the wax paper
- Immediately, before the white chocolate hardens, sprinkle the crushed peppermint over the popcorn
- Melt the chocolate chips using your prefered method
- Spoon the chocolate into a sandwich bag, and snip the corner off to make a pipping bag
- Drizzle the chocolate all over the popcorn
- Let cool completely, then store in an airtight container!! And enjoy!
Did you make any delicious treats for Christmas? My brother and I used to bake all day long with our Grandma to make Christmas cookies, but we don't get to do that any more!