I'm not really a resolutions person normally, but I've been feeling sluggish and overwhelmed for a few months, and I'm ready to step back, breathe, and rejuvenate. Here are my resolutions!
- Eat healthy and work out!
- Visit the farmers market more often
- Eat more produce, like I used to!
- Pack more healthy snacks to get me through the work day
- Train for the SeaWheeze
- Bike more often instead of driving or busing
- Take a nightly walk with Tim and Mia
The Fun One:
- Travel Seattle/explore more interests locally
- Try a new place off our list every other week (aka, actually go on our pre-schedule date night that we even hired a dog walker for!!)
- Complete the 25 Best Cocktails in Seattle list
- Actually use our Rosetta stone to learn Spanish, especially with our impending trip to Spain!!!
- Do more active activities that cost us money aka stop being cheap over the things that improve our well being so that I can buy more clothes
- Make more time for nature (we lacked that this year!)
- Try to backpack at least once, if not twice next summer
- Do some knee exercises so I don't cry while hiking declines
- Take a nature themed trip at least once a year
- Oh, and put towels in the car!
The Most Important One:
- Allocate money towards spa days
- Exercise and eat right
- Work with Tim to find stress management and coping mechanisms to deal with family stress, and life stress
- Read more books!
- Take more breaks during the work day...walk around the block (not into nordstroms!)
- Maintain a more frequent schedule with my junior high friends
The Responsible One:
- Be more thoughtful about my money
- Stick to my shopping budget & saving budget more often!
- Remember my goals; prioritize my purchases accordingly
- Contribute more to Tim's company's stock program, as well as our 401ks
The Long Shot:
- Be more positive
- Think before I complain
- Think of the positive of each negative situation
- (I'm already rolling my eyes at this resolution, I bet it doesn't last long!)
- Invest more time, energy, and heart into my most important relationship, my husband
- Be a better friend!
What resolutions have you made this year?